Now’s the time to join
Medical, scientific, drug development and research laboratories—in addition to other commercial facilities that require expertly calibrated equipment—throughout the Midwest depend on Chicago Cascade’s expertise in crucial tools such as ultra-low temperature freezers and humidity-temperature test chambers to provide a wide range of services: everything from preventative maintenance and repair of critical scientific and medical equipment to design, procurement, and installation of the right equipment based on each facility’s specific needs.
Chicago Cascade’s team of manufacturer trained-and-certified technicians takes pride in dedication to its 24/7 emergency deployment response capability. In the business of supporting every type of facility that requires its equipment to be maintained to precise standards for more than 35 years, Chicago Cascade has the broad experience across a wide range of equipment that makes it the go-to resource for laboratories and other commercial facilities across the region. Chicago Cascade believes in, and empowers, their technical professionals. The strength of the team demonstrates its commitment to excellence.
Specialty Refrigeration Service Technician
Understanding the operations of commercial and residential refrigeration systems. Consistently and accurately troubleshoots, services and repairs all makes/models of laboratory refrigeration equipment, Co2 incubators, walk-in coolers and freezers.READ MORE
Must be able to perform maintenance inspections and have a strong mechanical aptitude and electrical knowledge. Diagnosing malfunctions and defects in equipment. Reading electrical and electronic schematics. Grasping electrical and plumbing concepts. Operating tools, gauges, meters and other testing equipment used for the troubleshooting or repair of equipment.
You will be responsible for completing work orders, completing forms and a computer or tablet, and other required tasks.
• Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
• Perform equipment repairs in the field and in our shop
• Keep an organized and clean truck
• Perform scheduled planned maintenance and documentation
To be successful in this position the technicians must possess strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. They should have the ability to work both independently and in teams as needed. Good math, communication and basic computer skills are also essential for this position. They should be in good physical condition, as this job will require that they lift and carry equipment and stand, kneel or stoop for long periods of time.
• Must have at least 3 years of troubleshooting experience, refrigeration training and a strong electrical knowledge.
• Clean driving record and ability to pass background and drug screen.
• Ability to handle physical workload
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Diagnosing malfunctions and defects in equipment
• Ability to read blueprints and electrical and electronic schematics
• Grasping electrical and plumbing concepts
• Operating tools, gauges, meters and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems
• Type 3 / Universal EPA Certification